Thursday 12 November 2015


The journey so far for this house been a long time in the making. I seen some other blogs and thought it be cool to put down in writing and pictures our journey.


With all the details signed off with Clarendon, we got the house knocked down and the land cared, during the last week of September.

Clarendon then started to peg and draw out with chalk the land around the 10th of October, with the machines digging on the 15th and 16th of October getting the land ready for the slab. I was concerned how the small drop with the neighbour garage hold up, however the Site Supervisor for the ground clearing said it should be fine. I guess we will see. It doesn't look it but the drop at the front is around 80cm.


Land Clearing


Front Corner Drop

Once this was completed it was not long till the foam and formwork for the slab start. My wife at this stage having a panic attack of what a H1 Slab meant, and after he quick googling and lack of any building experience the panic attack turned into we must stop the build, because some people had major issues in Melbourne with Pod Slabs. 

After a more thorough research, that I had already done 6 month prior and giving her more convincing arguments of why a Pod Slab on our land is required. She seemed to settle down, as it turned out the Melbourne issue, apart building on prior wetlands, was more an issue that council provide inadequate drainage to the area.

Seeing this caused a major panic attack for my wife
Finally the slab was poured after a few days of raining on the 27th of October. However i did note one minor mistake after the formwork was removed a piece of concrete broke away however the Site Supervisor assures me this will be fixed at a later date. I guess when the brick gets laid.


Slab
Back part of the Slab

I want all the concrete I paid for <smile>














No comments:

Post a Comment